MKT 5487 - Sustainability Marketing
The business landscape of the 21st century is evolving to encompass a rapidly expanding segment of consumers concerned with their impact on the global quality of life. This awakening breed of new consumers has created the need for a new marketing paradigm; under the current title of “Green Marketing”.
This new cutting edge course will define the role of Green Marketing and its key objectives. It will also examine segmentation strategies and marketing activities to produce opportunities for Green products, services and socially positive brands. Major topic areas covered within this 14 week course include:
• Green market segmentation
• Sustainability driven consumptions trends
• Eco-Innovation strategies for products and services
• The Green marketing mix
• Competing for emerging green markets
• Green consumer behavior
• Socially positive branding
These topics, along with current global trends in Green markets will be incorporated into a learning environment that involves each student at three different levels:
1. In class discussions and lectures using new textbook concepts and current market trends
2. In class strategic teams of students creating marketing solutions for actual global green market areas
3. Individual review and analysis of Green Marketing cases from the Harvard Business School and other sources.
Anticipated Terms Offered: Varies